Sunday 24 July 2016

The Moon Child X Betsy Johnson AKA Photoshop Ugly

This Summer The Moon Child is catching up with our fave boss gals in the creative industry and the second in our series is an interview with the swaggy fire ball herself... BETSY JOHNSON!!!

We have loved Betsy ever since she came into our lives right at the beginning of our journey. We had just made an Instagram for our Depop shop (the platform The Moon Child originated on) and Betsy fell in love with our Sun and Moon candles... we got chatting and now she is one of our fave ever moon children she has done so much for us and we love her xxxxx

anyway enough of the soppyness... LETS GET ON WITH IT!

How would you describe yourself and your personal style?

Im still sort of figuring out myself, aren't we all! But id say I am a social creature, I love people especially people who just get 'it'; in regards to my style id say I'm a tomboy, with a guilty pleasure for all things 90s swagathon. 

What inspired you to start blogging // vlogging?

I was pushed into blogging after a few people recommend I give it ago around April 2015 and its the best thing I've ever done, its opened so many doors to so many opportunities and most of all friendships! Its just a good way to explore your creativity and personal style aswell as connecting with people which in most cases you wouldn't be acquainted with.
What is the story behind choosing the name “Photoshop Ugly” behind your channel?
When I started my blog, I wanted a cool name, because Betsey Johnson is a famous designer so I couldn't really use it to brand myself. Ive always been quite anti photoshopping and a true believer that beauty comes from within you and natural beauty is always the purest, so the name popped into mind!

How would you describe the content of your channel?
Im still sort of finding my feet with youtube, I've only been making content the past 6-7 months, but so far I'm really enjoying creating after movies for all my travel excursions; lookbooks and advice videos. I just really love recording memories and feelings and being able to recreate an experience in a video that myself and whoever I shared them with can look back on; thats so amazing.
What can we expect from Photoshop Ugly in the near future?
A lot more youtube content! I am all kitted out and got a lot more travel adventures and video ideas so more content will be up on there pretty much weekly!! Im finding youtube a lot more fun than blogging!

Anyyy exciting plans throughout the Summer?
Well I've been all over the place so far! But I have a few more festivals lined up and hopefully another trip to Asia in September but we will see how it rolls out. 

Whats yo favourite item from The Moon Child collection?
I just love all the glitterrrrrrrr! It was put to good use at hideout and will be seeing a lot more festivals over the summer! 

AAAANNDDD FINALLY!! What advice would you give to somebody starting out as a blogger // vlogger?? 
Don't expect everything to come at once. Be patience and create content you are passionate about and believe in, no matter how many likes it gets. Not everyone is going to like you, your style or your opinions, but some people will, don't take it to heart. 


Betsy has just released her clothing label named Freckled Ace << (click that link to be blown away) It is full of just badass garments that make you feel empowered. She has taken the world by storm with her no bullshit attitude to social media and she has inspired so many people, including us.

Love u Betsy xxx



Betsy wearing our Club Tropicana Crochet Bralet available here

Betsy wearing our Club Tropicana Crochet Bralet available here


No comments:

Post a Comment